Saturday, December 29, 2018

Another Loss

The day I first met you,  I did notice how cute you were.  I looked at you in student's arm.  You looked perfectly healthy. 

Second time I met you,  I was told you were sick. You lost appetite. I hold you on my arms.  You were in comfort as I hugged you. 

It was the first time I took a pet on my car to vet.  You sat soundly on my colleague's lap while I was driving beside you.  You were very calm though we had to move to another vet. 
Vet said that you had malnutrition.  He gave you two shots but you were so calm that you didn't move while being injected.

I decided to take you home.  I put you in a box and we rode a car together.  I remembered you tried to get out of the box while we were getting closer to our house.  I thought you anticipated your new home a lot.

We spent three days together.  You looked comfortable although there were many cats at home.  They scared you but you never tried to run from them.  You got used to them quickly though they didn't.

You slept by my side at nights.  You didn't get your appetite back.  I felt so sorry to force you drink milk twice a day.  At first it felt difficult.  However,  that Sunday afternoon you looked much better.

I was so happy to see you drink water on your own and you drank more milk the next morning.  You started to get used to our neighborhood.  You walked in front of our house and enjoyed morning sun rays.  I was so glad to see you were getting fully recovered. 

That day,  I couldn't wait to get home and see you after school.  I put my bag and called your name. Mimi,  I couldn't find you at home.  I walked out to look for you but I couldn't find you.  I was so worried that I couldn't see you.  I almost give up when I walked on the bridge.  I looked under the bridge and found you there. Wet and cold,  you looked like you were dead.  I ran to our house and cried.  I blamed Mama for letting the door opened and not taking care of you. 

I couldn't think for a moment.  I didn't know what to do. I was sobbing so loudly that my neighbors could hear me.  Suddenly,  I got strength out of nowhere.  I went back to the bridge and climbed it.  I tried to get down to reach you.  Even though I couldn't save you, all I could do for you was burying you properly.  I stepped down under the bridge and reached you.  Once I lifted your body,  you meowed painfully.  I was so shocked to hear that.  I took you on the bridge and ran back home.  I took a towel to dry your body.  Unfortunately,  I didn't have hair dryer.  I was so panic and clueless.  I took you to the pet store near by.  Luckily,  the owner was there.  He said there was nothing much to do to save you.  I insisted that we have to do something at least to relieve your pain.  He gave me a tablet.  He said I could try to give it to you and keep drying your body.

I hugged you in tears.  As soon as we arrived home,  I ground the tablet and dissolved it into water.  Then I forced you to drink it.  I keep rubbing your body with towel.  I took you to the stove to make your body warm. I remembered when I got a hypothermia in Semeru,  I sat by the fire.  Slow but sure,  you were getting dry and warmer.  Your ears were not as cold as before.  I put you on the bed and covered you with thick blanket.  Two hours later,  you could get up and walk around the bed.  You started meowing louder.  I felt quite relieved.  I thought Allah still gave ys more time.  I prayed to Him first day I took you home.  I asked Him to let you live with me if we were destined together. If it was the opposite fate,  please make it easy for you so that you won't feel much hurt. 
I planned to take you to clinic in the morning. So we slept together and you slept on my arm that night.  Suddenly at midnight,  you meowed painfully.  I saw you were in pain.  I thought it would be your very last moment. I cried but this time I will let you go peacefully.  If you can't make it,  I won't regret because I have done what I have to do at very least.  I didn't regret to let you go in my arm in full of warmth.  If I let you die under the bridge that time,  I would blame myself forever and I would live in regret.  However,  letting you go in warmth and comfortable home is the best I can do so you know that you are loved, Mimi. 

I kept my eyes on you just in case you go any minute.  However,  you were still with me until morning,  till I left you to school.  Before leaving you,  I told you that I love you and I let you go any time.  Please don't get hurt for long time and wait for me in Jannah if you don't mind.  Mimiya...  Saranghae...  I love so much.  I am sorry for not giving you the best care I could.  Mimiya...  Neodo alji... Naega olmana neol saranghae. Daeume boja...  Haneuleseo...

Mimi left me in the afternoon.  I buried her in the yard under the mango tree.  This time,  I lost another precious thing for me again.  I don't know how many things I love will be taken from me again. I am used to losing thing and people whom I love.  So,  this time I have prepared my heart before. Mimi taught me that nothing will last forever.  What you can do is do your best and give your best before you lose them. Right....  I haven't done much to people around me.  I have to get back to my sense and give the best I can do.  Like what I did to Mimi though I know I will lose her.  Thanks Mimi... I will take courage to take this small step to live the rest of my life properly. Wait for me in Jannah, Mi...  If you are pleased to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment